Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2008

I've Been Tagged

I've had this blog for a little over a month and I've already been tagged. The fun thing is that I am being tagged by a very new friend from Australia. Thanks, Brenda. The first time I visited her site, I realized that we are friends in more ways than one. We both belong to the Yahoo! group, arttechniques, and both participated in a fat book with 120 people total. We also have both taken a class with Paulette Insall.

I have to post the rules and list 6 things about myself that you don't know, which shouldn't be that hard as most of you probably know nothing about me. But how to choose six things:

1. In my youth I won trophies in pool (billiards), bowling and golf.

2. I once made my living pumping gas (back in the day before self service).

3. I am addicted to apples with peanut butter (The apples have to be crisp and slightly tart and the peanut butter has to be creamy Jif.)

4. I once lived on a private island with a very wealthy family as a governess to their two young children.

5. When I was young, I went to school to be a welder. Unfortunately, the school was in Florida and with all that leather on, I passed out all the time and couldn't finish the class.

6. I lived in Phoenix for a short time (I got married there.) with a car that had no air and a black interior. I kept oven mitts in my glove box and sometimes had to wear them to drive home from work.

Now I am supposed to tag six people. I subscribe to 165 blogs, so this is going to be very difficult. So here they are:

1. Julie, at The Land of Lost Luggage.
2. Patricia, at The Unfinished Flower.
3. Suzanne, at Studio Suzanne.
4. Lia, at Art Junk Girl.
5. Karen, at Beelieve.
6. Missy, at In a Shabby Kind of Way.

Here are the rules:

1. Link to the person or persons who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

4 comments:

  1. So glad you could play along Vicki. I enjoyed reading the 6 things about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tag!! I Love apples and jif too..sometimes if I am feeling a little crazy I even get the super chunky type. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,Vicki!
    Thank you for the TAG! Fun!!!! If you don't mind, I'll just copy and paste the rules from your blog and add to my blog post???? No...I've never done this! Hope that I don't mess it up! I may not get to it until tonight, but am thrilled that you thought of me! I think that I'll just remove that "followers link". I'm glad that you find my blog worthy of subscribing to! Stay in touch! Hugs~ Missy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got tagged a short time ago so will think about this and get it done as soon as I can. They are fun to read and yours are quite interesting to say the least!!!

    ReplyDelete