Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

Mini Vacation and More Art

Saturday morning DH and I threw some clothes in a bag and headed to the Leelanau Peninsula to stay the weekend with his brother. It was just what the doctor ordered. We spent the first evening on the beach and roasted hot dogs on a bonfire. We told jokes and he and his siblings talked about their remembrances from their childhood. It was an extremely pleasant evening.

On Sunday, we took the hosts out to breakfast and then they dropped me off at my brother's widow's house. She and I talked and cried and had a great visit. Then we walked the beach for awhile before she took me back.

While I was away I drew a few more faces in my face journal. I am quite pleased with two of them. One is a profile and the other is a 15/16 face. I think they really look like people, however, they are somewhat flat. I need to learn about shading to make them more realistic.



Before we left I worked some more on my canvas. I think I like it. I added another couple of layers of paint overlapping the girl and her background.

0 comments:

Post a Comment