Pages

Monday, December 8, 2008

It's Monday and A Day Off - Sorta

I have the day off, but since the daughter and her two little ones live with us unless either I or they go off somewhere for the day, it is not quite a free day.

The hubster and I went into town this morning. We browsed the dollar store for craft items and little girl stocking stuffers, went to Michael's for more little girl stocking stuffers and some Snow-Tex to finish my altered LP with, and then to Lowe's for a furnace filter, an extension cord for daughter's lighted village that we put up on the entertainment center and some super glue for me so that I can securely attach metal and other heavier objects to ATCs.




We then had lunch at the Ground Round. I had the lunch special - a cup of chicken noodle soup and half a TBLT wrap. It was delicious and left room for the apple pie and coffee that I planned on having when we got home. The hubster had a Asian Chicken Salad with dark greens and assured me that it was delicious. He, too, saved room for the pie and coffee.

Both daughter and baby were sleeping when we got home. The 5 year old was in school. The daughter had lots of running to do before picking up the 5 year old for ballet class, so I helped her get the baby ready and they were out the door.

I think I just need some very light colored letters saying something like "I've got your number".


And this one is done.

I am now trying to decide whether I should take advantage of their absence to play in my art room or pick up the living room and do dishes and sweep the kitchen. Maybe I can actually do all three.

I am trying with all my might to live in the moment, and you should too!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like we've been playing with the wizard again. Love the way the ATC turned out. Sounds like you had a lovely day with your Hubby, and the food sounded yummo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like my kind of day - retail therapy, lunch out, and then I hope you opted to create over cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea. My way of living in the moment is the 'ruthie' method - I do a little work, play a little, do a little work, play a little. That way the chores never feel like chores. Well, almost never.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your compliment on my blog! My process is actually featured in Cloth Paper Scissors magazine November/December issue. I sketch on unprimed wood panel first, then I paint the image very loose, for color palette and painterly effects. After the paint dries, I get out my glue and with a brush I adhere paper over the top of the paint. On this one, the golden background in the top right and down, is still paint, I decided to leave that, but the entire peacock and some of the golden background are all paper, the paint has been totally covered up. I use the underpainting much like a pastel artist starts on colored paper, so no white shows through! But I have found that I get really nice painterly effects with the paper when I am trying to emulate the paint strokes that I put on first!

    ReplyDelete