Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mid December Snow

We got a few inches of snow last evening and everything looks very pretty. It is quite heavy and wet, so the hubster and the little girls were outside today building a snow fort. The 1 year old didn't last long, so I didn't get anything done except for shooting a few pix.



I started the day by preparing beef stew in the crockpot. That gives the house such a nice smell in the winter. It was delicious and very easy cleanup, too. The baby loved it; the 5 year old had a bowl of cereal instead. She is the pickiest eater I think I've ever been around.

I have had a little time to try a few more dominoes and I am liking them more and more. I have ordered some round magnets because I don't think the flat magnetic sheet will be strong enough to hold them. I also ordered pin backs. I think I will make a variety of magnets and pins. For now I think I will do arty ones for pins and more traditional ones for magnets. I suppose if I am planning to sell them at craft shows I should have some with "kiss the cook" and "world's greatest _______" and perhaps "kitchen closed".



Tomorrow is another long day. DD works from 2 until midnight. The hubster is planning to take me out for breakfast in the morning. That will be nice. My next day off is Monday. I need to get some wrapping paper and get my gifts taken care of. I always put it off until the last minute. I don't usually enjoy wrapping, but I am going to try to look at it as an art assignment and maybe I can have fun this year.

It's late and I suppose I should turn in. See you later; don't forget to live in the moment.

1 comment:

  1. Love your purple dominoes = Gorgeous Vicki! I do understand how hard it is to be everywhere and do it all on the internet....so many fun places to visit :) It's lovely being connected here in blogland! Wishing you and yours a Very Merry and the happiest new year wishes too!

    ReplyDelete