Pages

Monday, December 29, 2008

More Dominoes


Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with the blog, but I've been very busy and have a dandy head cold that is keeping me down. And, if truth be told, I am reading a really good novel that is keeping me out of the art room

However, today the postman delivered my domino sized stamps from The Enchanted Gallery and I couldn't wait to try stamping. I will try adding some color tomorrow, but really wish I had some chalks. They could certainly be left black and white (or tan and black in the case of the bamboo tiles), but I think I would enjoy coloring them.

The hubster and I bought a treadmill today and it is being delivered and set up tomorrow. I absolutely cannot wait to start using it. I think I will start at 30 minutes or so at first and work up to an hour. Or maybe I will start out with about 1.5 miles and get up to 5 miles. After some time I would like to try some intervals of walking and jogging. Since the girls moved in with us I haven't been doing my workouts and have gotten sloppy and Rubenesque (fat).

I'm getting anxious to start my watercolor journal on January 1 and a little later in the month my Chinese Brush Work group. I really should also be drawing every day, but I'd better not bite off more than I can chew. My priorities are this: first - treadmill and art every day; clean house when necessary; eat when hungry; sleep when too tired to do art or clean house.

For now, don't forget to live in the moment!

2 comments:

  1. The tiles are looking wonderful, can't wait to see with color. I am afraid I have turned somewhat rubenesque as well, and I already have a treadmill that I haven't used in a while, but intend to, from tomorrow (1st january). Your priorities sound very similar to mine, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new stamped dominoes and bamboo tiles are beautiful! I'm wondering how you're going to color them? Alcohol inks? Markers? What? It's been awhile since I played with my dominoes. I might need to get them back out. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete