Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2008

So Much To Do, So Little Time

This time of year is such a mixture of excitement and dread for me. With little girls around, I can't help but get caught up in the excitement, but for some reason there is a heavy feeling in me as well. I don't know for sure from whence this comes - the past, fearing that I will not live up to expectations, upset schedules, trying to fit another large piece into the living room (tree)....I really don't know.

I am trying to focus on the excitement and for that reason I have been looking for and have found some very cool templates to make Christmas ornaments. Actually the tuts are more for decorative elements to be on a table or shelf, but I will adapt them. My grandgirl who is in kindergarten would love to make something that will hang on the tree, so I am planning to spend the next couple of hours getting things ready for an ornament making session for this afternoon when she gets home from school.

Meanwhile, I have begun again on the altered LP I was working on earlier in the week. It is becoming a winter/Christmas themed piece. I don't have any of the pieces glued down yet and I haven't decided how to bring them all together so that they aren't just pieces of paper glued down, but I will perhaps have some time this evening to work on it more. I am very happy with the background and the chosen pix (I am recycling last year's Christmas cards), but need to do some serious thinking about making it gel and look coordinated and not random. I'm not sure I have expressed this very well, but I think I know what I mean. &-)


Better get to work on those templates for later with the 5 year old. That's it for now. Don't forget to live in the moment.

2 comments:

  1. Have fun making ornaments. Love the way your LP is turning out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas LP is coming along nicely, Vicki ~ :)

    ReplyDelete