Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2009

AED and Resolutions

The treadmill saga continues. Yesterday I decided to try the Aerobic section of the programs. I chose the first one. The main section of it was an incline of 4 and 5 alternating and a speed of 3.5 and 4 mph. I got about half way through and decided that I would like to lower the intensity just a bit. I touched the lower intensity button and the treadmill shot up to 10 mph. Luckily, I was able to jump up onto the edges without injury. That scared me; so I cancelled that program and tried the second of the Weight Loss programs. It was quite the workout, but I completed it. It was inclines of 3, 4 and 5 degrees alternating with 3 and 3.5 mph. As it turns out, the problem with the intensity button may have been a blessing in disguise. I actually worked out for 45 minutes instead of the usual 30 - BONUS!

In the art department, I completed two more pages in my journal. Before I started this journal, I pictured it as a chronological journal with pictures, but I find myself just going with the flow and these are not at all about everyday life, nor are they chronological. I've decided that is just fine and this is my play journal. I am not too concerned with documenting the everyday events (temp., happenings, etc); maybe I should be keeping a more traditional journal for those things.

For the first of the two pages, I found a phrase I had cut out of a magazine (What I Want) and decided to use that as my prompt. I used a credit card to put a couple of colors for the background and then doodled and cut out words that seemed to fit the theme.



For the second, I found a really cute elephant picture in a magazine and I love elephants, so I decided to use him as my beginning. I then stamped and traced more elephants and then just wrote what felt right.



It is freezing rain here today; it was so slick on the sidewalk and driveway that when I went out to retrieve the paper, I walked across the lawn. I couldn't stay on my feet otherwise.

Another work day (babysitting) for me, so I'd better get started. For now, don't forget to live in the moment!

4 comments:

  1. I definitely have a hard time with the chronological linear approach to doing anything. I'm more of a loosely structured sort of person. The nice thing about our journals is that they can be what we want them to be. Now to get myself off of this chair and get moving. Your post is reminding me that I need to exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the nice comment. i had to get my daughter to tell me the meaning of roflmao.
    good luck with your fitness and art this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, I think a play journal would be the best thing, too. Otherwise it's too much like work, and I have plenty of that already... So I'm glad you won't have a chronology limit on yourself.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving those elephants too!!

    ReplyDelete