Pages

Friday, January 30, 2009

Birthday and CED2009

Today is my birthday and I am 57. So far I have found that each year is better than the last. If this keeps up, just think how great 90 is going to be.

I walked my 2 miles on the treadmill without pain and watched the best tennis match I have ever seen between Rafa and Verdasco. Words cannot describe the wonder of this match up.

I made Spicy Chicken and Rice Flu Chaser Soup that I am entering in a soup cookoff tomorrow in Mason. We had some for dinner with a lovely salad of romaine lettuce, tomatoes and fresh mushrooms and a side of sliced french bread. It was lovely. Afterward I made chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting. Wickedly good!

I worked in my art journal a bit also. The pages are a tribute to the birthday and my feelings about it. I hope to get more time tomorrow, but my daughter works so we might be busy with the girls, the soup cookoff and setting up the hubster's retail space at the Maple Street Mall in Mason.




Until then, don't forget to live in the moment!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you! Hope you had a great day and were spoilt rotten. Best of luck in the cook off - what you have made sounds delicious. Can you email me your snail mail address - thanks chicklet. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! that was quick-thanks for entering! I know what you mean, I always think when I'm the first comment maybe I should wait to enter, but my luck if I did that number 1 would be picked! I like your journal page and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    good luck with the giveaway and the cookoff-I had to check your profile when you said it was in Mason-for a minute I thought maybe we were sort of neighbors, but it's not WV is it:(
    take care-
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I have an award for you on my blog. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! I like that background color. Is that the paint that was left over from a recent portrait? I've got to go back and look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the good birthday wishes.

    Steve, yes that is the paint that was left over from the self portrait. I really like green and white - it seems so clean and fresh.

    ReplyDelete