Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Faces Class and CED 2009

I downloaded my first lesson video for the Faces class yesterday and couldn't wait to start practicing. I have done one page each of eyes, noses and mouths; but I know I will do many practice pages of each until I get something I consistently recognize and like. I then tried putting it all together in a girl's face. I don't think it is too bad for a first attempt, but hope to get better and better with practice.



Yesterday morning I spent with an arty friend playing on her computer - and let me tell you, if laughter is the best medicine, then we are good for each other. She is always great fun to spend time with.

I tried out my daughter's TomTom GPS and it performed pretty well. It did, however, try to get me to turn into a person's yard that apparently once was part of the road that now takes a 90 degree turn and changes names.

Once I got rid of my sinus headache this morning, it has become a pretty good day. My daughter has accepted the counter offer for the house she wants and so we were a little busy today, but she is sure this is the house for her and her two little girls so all is well.

When I put the baby down for her nap, I spent 40 minutes on the treadmill walking hills and burned a whopping 314 calories. It feels so good to work that hard.

If you haven't yet left a comment on the giveaway post, do go there and leave one. I will be drawing the winner on Friday, March 6.

Go play and have fun!

2 comments:

  1. Looking good Vicki, it is a lot of fun isn't it? I looked back at some of the first face sketches I did, and they were incredibly horrible, LOL, so practise, practise, practise and keep all your old sketches so you can see how much you improve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The face looks great!!! Sounds like a fun class too.

    ReplyDelete