Pages

Friday, April 10, 2009

EDM #5 and Faces class

I have attempted to sketch my bed. My first try was atrocious. As you can see, I not only wrinkled my page when erasing it, but I also ripped it. While my second attempt is not very realistic, it is certainly better than the first try.




I also tried using the Caran d'Ache pencils to add color to my girl's face, but they didn't work as well for me as they worked for Paulette on the video. I think my face is a bit spotty, but I am going to put off fussing over it any more for today and maybe do a bit of clean up before I spray her with workable fixative tomorrow.




I finished the book I was reading called "The Power of One" by Bryce Courtenay. It was quite good. I will now go spend some time in this wonderful quiet to start the other book I have checked out from the library called "The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox" by Maggie O'Farrell. I'll let you know how I like it.

Until tomorrow, then.

Bye!

3 comments:

  1. I like the way you worked the girl's face...I think it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came to your blog through the Art Techniques list, but now I see we're both in Paulette's faces class! Small world, huh? I also had a few problems with the neocolor crayons, but I kept working at it and it did improve. One thing I discovered is that if I flick the brush against the crayon and then rub a little off onto a paper towel before putting it on the canvas, I get a much smoother color and coverage. Of course, I did this AFTER I ended up with a huge streaky blob of "blush" on her face (looks a little like my own makeup, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you have a spot where a person can follow your blog?

    ReplyDelete