Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Leather Journal, Birds & CED2009

I had the most wonderful package in the mail today. I won another journal from Rice at the Voodoo Cafe, but this one is leather - it is heavenly, exquisite, buttery soft, ooooooh!



When I showed it to P, the kindergartner, her comment was, "No fair, Nana, you have more journals than I do!" She has at least half a dozen herself, one she made herself and one I made for her, the rest have come from friends and Santa. Of course, she doesn't yet have a leather one :-)

I have been really busy these last few days. I tutored a total of 9 hours since last Wednesday and have babysat several of those days besides. I haven't had much time to devote to art work (read "fun"). I have, however, tried to draw a couple of birds. The one on the left hand page is a hawk and the one on the right is, I think, some kind of swallow. The rest of the page is a combination of blue and yellow pencil and bird stamps.


The words say, "The birds do not sing to a man who cannot hear".

I bought a wireless printer/scanner with the money from tutoring and had no trouble connecting it to the network with my desktop computer. However, I am unable to get it to be recognized by my iBook. I have tried at least 4 times. I am going to have to call for support when I get a few hours to myself. It is hard to converse with tech support with babies vying for my attention.

I'm not sure what tomorrow will bring. The painting and ripping of carpet has begun at my daughter's recently purchased house and all schedules are unpredictable. I am just trying to go with the flow and take it as it comes.

That's it for now!

Bye!

8 comments:

  1. I love the journal!!!! ^^ (plotting to steal it... time to use my hidden ninja skills)
    :) the drawings of birds are really nice too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex,

    I guess I'd better put up my stealth ninja stopper.

    I'm not about to part with this journal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki - The journal is beautiful! You have such good luck with these give-aways that I think you should consider buying a lottery ticked! lol. Birds are notoriously hard to draw, and you have a good thing going ... keep up the great work! hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, Alex

    Thank you so much for the positive feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The journal is not quite so cool as the art work in it. Good for you. And it is really so difficult to keep up with those kinder-people....so demanding. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. KJ

    Sounds like you might have a kinderperson yourself %-)

    Thank you so much visiting and taking the time to leave such a sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The journal is beautiful! I've never seen one in white. I don't know why I just have this image of a little girl taking the white journal and rolls in the snow. :D And I enjoy your bird drawings as well. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bird images! And how great that you could fit them in in the midst of so much going on!

    ReplyDelete