Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Trying to Commit to EDM

I joined the Yahoo! group Every Day Matters, and downloaded the prompts, but so far had not gotten the courage to start. I am determined to silence the inner critic and I know if I want to get better, I need to practice.

I began, surprisingly enough, with EDM #1 - draw a shoe. I am not thrilled with it, but I think it is not awful. The other night I got out that really cute journal with the bear and bee on the front that I won from Peggy Gatto and listed the first 159 EDM challenges. I am going to try to draw one thing each day until I get there. I don't know that I will necessarily follow them in order - who knows?



Meanwhile, I have been babysitting and cleaning house. I finally got my art room into a better arrangement and have found lots of treasures I forgot I had. That has got to be the best thing about cleaning - finding treasure. I even found a board book that I made when Morgan was just little. I had completely forgotten about it. It is really nice - I haven't done anything like that in a long time. I made digital scrapbook pages and pasted them into a blank board book. I used my EDM journal to prop it open for the pix. No she doesn't have brown spots on her forehead. It appears that I got a little mildew or something on it.



Gotta go get the roast out of the oven. Hope to have another sketch for you tomorrow.

Bye!

4 comments:

  1. I think your shoe drawing is great!!

    It helps me to silence the inner critic if I can tell myself that it's totally o.k. if I make "bad" art and I can toss it out if I hate it. :-) That usually quiets the critic, so I can get started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work, Vicki! hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the EDM group! I'm glad you decided to join because that shoe drawing is far from "awful". Your lines are quick and sure and it's very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a good lookin' shoe!! Congratulations for giving your inner critic the boot . . . as it were :-) I look forward to seeing more of your work!!!

    ReplyDelete