Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

Memories and Redos

I am a bit distracted today. It is one year ago today that my younger brother, John, gave up his battle against cancer. He was 52 years old. I am a little sad, but am working on focusing on the wonderful memories I have of him particularly when he was a little guy and he and Dan and Joe were inseparable and full of fun and mischief.

I scraped as much wax as I could off the piece of wood I was working on and instead tried a bit of paper napkin on it. I am pleased with how it turned and will try my hand at wax another time.

I used matte PPA underneath and glossy PPA on top.

I am meeting my Algebra tutee at 9 this morning and need to shop for a bridal shower gift afterward. The shower is tomorrow so I cannot put it off any longer.

I woke up this morning with a sore throat and a bit of hoarseness. I did have the girls for most of the day yesterday and Payton was running a fever. I don't know if that is connected or not, but I will remember to drink lots of liquids today and hope to get rid of it in a hurry.

Gotta go!

7 comments:

  1. that's really pretty!! get better soon my fren :) and yes! nothing beats water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really came out GREAT, Vicki! Hope you feel better soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and what is ppa?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about your brother. I know that when I lose mine it will be a sorry day indeed, and I dread it. I loved looking at your blog. xo-teri

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has a delicate, antique feel to it. Very pretty. Art is excellent therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice . . . very nice :) Death can be so hard for those left behind

    ReplyDelete