Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Post Cards And Stuff

I've decided that the postcards I am currently working will be two layers; one layer of pretty background paper with drawings, collage, mabe a bit of poetry, and a white simulated postcard back for the message and address.

Here are two that I have started. It should come as no surprise that one of them is of birds. I also like drawing fish, so the other one is a simple fish drawing.





 


I also wanted to tell you a bit about the webinar I attended yesterday. I was able to see all of Lesa's presentation about Smart Objects in Photoshop. It was stunning. She was straightforward and explained things very well. She did some outstanding examples and best of all Creative Techs is planning to allow it to be downloaded by anyone. It is not up yet, but when it is I will remind you.

I wasn't able to stay for Jay's Open Type Tricks because HughesNet kicked me off again! I swear they are the bane of my existence. I really must move into a small town so I can get high speed internet service for 1/3 of the cost with unlimited access AND faster speeds.

I understand that sometime soon both Lesa's and Jay's presentations will be available for downloading at no charge. I am looking forward to that. Meanwhile, I got up at 4:30 this morning so that I could read my emails, read the blogs I subscribe to and write to my blog. HughesNet is "open" between 2 AM and 7 AM. I feel like Cinderella. When the clock strikes 7 AM, I will no longer have access (it will appear that I have access, but it will be so slow (about 7 kbs) that nothing works.

I am watching the girls again today - but not until around 2, but will be staying at DD's house all afternoon and until she returns from work about 10 PM. That gives me all morning to get some art done so that I will have something meaningful to post about tomorrow.

See you then....

Bye!




2 comments:

  1. Love the postcards! I'm with you in moving - Verizon wireless isn't any better - I get dumped and it's slow .. altho faster than the dial-up we used to have. hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great start on your postcards! Love the layering.

    ReplyDelete