Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2009

AEDM-Day 22

I am away from home visiting at my sister's house. She suffered a TIA earlier this week and is in the hospital. Her husband called yesterday to let me know what had happened and that things looked quite good. She is fine and has no residual effects from the incident. They are doing lots of tests and have prescribed a blood thinner and a low dose cholesterol medicine.

Of course, when I found out, as soon as SIL was picked up, I packed a bag and drove over here. It takes about two hours and it wasn't a bad drive since I knew she was alright. When I got to her house I packed up the cribbage board, the Yahtzee dice, and the Scrabble game. We visited and played games until around 10 pm and then I came back here to her house to sleep.

I think I will probably go home later today as she is expecting to be released and I have tutoring to do tomorrow and Tuesday. Meanwhile, when I got back to her house last evening, I drew a kingfisher so that I would have something to post this morning. It is not my best drawing, nor is it my best photograph. Also I don't have photoshop or anything like that on this computer, so I don't know just how this is going to go. I am not totally pleased with this drawing. I think his head is supposed to be wider and more square, but it is what it is.



I used Preview which comes standard with this MacBook and am surprised to find that this version allows you to make adjustments including size. It is true you do learn something new everyday.

That is all I have for now. I will see you tomorrow.

Vicki

5 comments:

  1. Hope that is the last of the TIA's for your sister. It's a nice drawing of the bird. More detail than you do sometimes. Kudos to you for sticking with your commitment after a drive and visit like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everything is better now for your sister.. and for you.
    Nice to have been able to save time for sketching this cute little bird.
    I've left an award on my blog for you. Come and see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is great that you kept your creativity going even in times of duress. Have you ever noticed how similar Kingfishers and Kookaburras are? Nice drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicky,

    I think that your kingfisher is sweet.The proportions look good to me. I am glad that your sister is doing well. You had asked on my blog about the ballerina stamp.I ordered it on line from Stampfrascisco.com. They have some really neat ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicki, you are doing great with the AEDM challenge and your kingfisher looks very good to me. Glad your sis is ok!

    ReplyDelete