Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Art Day and AEDM-Day 14

I am up early and looking forward to a day at Kelly's in Olivet. I am planning to take a small surprise for each of the artists there. These were actually made for me by the hubster weeks ago. They were going to be taken to Ohio to Puff's Halloween weekend, but I was unable to go then, so I think I will share them here instead. They are ATC sized and made out of "scrap" wood; some are cedar, some are pine and some are cypress.




I also made some pumpkin bread to take as my contribution to the edibles. I made two loaves and just had to test one of them to be sure it was good. I only had one two several slices to be sure it was safe to share with others. I am planning to have a slice this morning with my coffee, too.


The picture really doesn't do it justice, but trust me - it is delicious!

I am also working on some bird ATCs for a swap with ATCs For All. They aren't due until mid-January, but I so love birds, I jumped right into it. I still need to make a fourth and haven't decided what kind of bird to draw. I will share what I do when I decide.



I'd better get a move on! I have not decided what to pack for this art day and am still in my jimjams.

I am taking a camera with me today and promise will try to get some pictures to show the wonderful diversity of mediums/styles that are being worked on.

See you then!



8 comments:

  1. I hope you have lots of fun... I wish that I could meet up with people where I am in England, look forward to seeing photos x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of those birds! And the wood looks good enough to eat (although I'm sure it wouldn't be a delicious as the pumpkin bread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a fun day planned--pumpkin bread and art.
    A great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummm ... I hate to admit my ignorance but ...

    What are the little wood blocks for? I know they're to give to other artists, but what is their purpose?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have FUN!!! We would love to see examples!
    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun and enjoy some of that bread for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's it! I have to get off my tush and look for other artist's in my area! That looks like so much fun. Have a blast, Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bread was really good. I'd love the recipe! Can't wait to make an ATC with the wood piece!

    ReplyDelete