Pages

Monday, December 28, 2009

I Almost Fell Out of My Chair

You are not going to believe this - I still think I must have been dreaming.

In the evening of Christmas Eve after dinner and the gifting, my son asked me to upload the pictures he had taken and burn them to a CD. We went into the art/computer room and I noticed that I had some new email. He said he didn't mind if I checked that first, so I did.

One of the messages was from Milliande. I am sure you know her; she has been a constant in my internet life since the beginning of my art exploration. I think my first introduction to her was via a YouTube video about journaling. She is the best. She is talented, funny, real, big-hearted...you get the picture. She has a ning site that is so welcoming and has a boatload of talented women sharing and caring and nurturing each other. You can see her link in the sidebar of my blog to a page on her ning site.

The message directed the recipient to go to a video to see the announcement of the winners in the Make A Wish giveaway she was hosting. Just as it was loading, I looked at my son and said, "Think #47."

Here is the video:





Can you believe it? I am still agape!!!

Thank you so much Milliande; not just for this wish gift, but for all the inspiration you have provided me over the past year.

xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on your wish being chosen! I too have been very inspired by Milliande and am working on slaying my inner critic, the one that so unkindly kept me from making art for over 20 years. I'm finally refusing to listen to it and I have been making art every day since November (beginning with Art Every Day Month). Congrats also on having a year of creativity under your belt! I wonder how my art will have changed by the time I arrive there. ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on winning! what an exciting feeling. so happy you are finding a loving, supportive community on your creative path. and thank you for visiting my blog, as well. so happy to have connected with you. happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to get a gift from someone you admire so much. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never known anyone as lucky as you in these drawing things. Congratulations and have lots of fun with your Copics! hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. That's terrific! Congratulations. NOW you'll be able to do some of that creative lettering, right?!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! It is always nice to win. Copic Markers Yeah! Use them well.

    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool! Congratulations!!

    Have fun with your new markers, Vicki.

    ReplyDelete