Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Where is January Going and Why So Fast?

Can you believe it is already the 21st of January? Didn't I just watch the new year come in? I was going to be so much more productive in  2010, but I am behind already.....

I am getting some things done, but with the Australian Open in session I am not doing as much as I should be. I did try to do a bit of sketching while watching yesterday and this is what I have to show for it:


I'm not sure who she is supposed to be. She doesn't look like anybody I was watching, but then I saw so many faces, perhaps she is a composite of them.


 

And this is the bird feeder that hangs out the front picture window. I was hoping for a bird to land, but no luck at that time.

Meanwhile I am getting a bit of a late start this morning. I went into town with the hubster - he had to have his cholesterol checked before they would renew his prescription - and then we went to Bob Evans for breakfast. I had the best omelet with onion, tomatoes and spinach. It was done to perfection - creamy and delicious. Too often when I order an omelet it is overdone and the egg is hard and dry, but not this one. Yummy!

My goals for today are:

1. Walk the treadmill mostly uphill for 30 minutes
2. Empty the dishwasher and do the dishes that are in the sink.
3. Wash down the kitchen cupboards
4. Work on my collaborative book exchange
5. Watch tennis
6. Go to my Photoshop webinar
7. Burn the huge amount of files that are in my "Art Stuff" folder to CD or DVD and then delete them from my hard drive so I can start over without getting overloaded.

So I'd better get a start on it if I am going to get done.

Just got off the phone with my Mom. She has made an appointment with a woman doctor who is in St. Ignace and gave me her FAX number to have her biopsy results sent. She made an appointment for next Tuesday. I am so glad that she is following through so promptly.

It is a beautiful, sunny day, if a bit cold. The wind chill may be in the low teens, but seeing the sun is so invigorating (at least if I am indoors looking out or enjoying the play of the sunlight on the walls).

I feel as though I am rambling, so I gotta go!

I hope to see you tomorrow.

xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Still on my Circle of His Healing Angels Prayers. They are being answered. Glad to hear your Mom is following through. I hope everyone bands together for Mom. Your drawing is wonderful. I have washed the dishes-I am the sole dishwasher. Ms Patches has been loving brushed and fed. downloading more of Ms Suzi Blu videos. I will post faces on my blog soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did not fall behind! You were with your Mom. I think Mom should be over more often.
    You accomplished so much with Mom. Blessings.
    Sherrie Roberts

    ReplyDelete
  3. January is flying by - I can't keep up! You've had quite a bit on your plate, my dear. Treat yourself gently! hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki, I want you to know that you have inspired me to start sketching again. It had been a while. Now - like you - I am taking one of my sketchbooks with me when I settle down in front of the TV for the evening. Maybe I'll start sharing some of my efforts on my blog - if I can get up the courage!

    The girl's face is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe January is going by so quickly either! Love your sketches. Sounds like a busy day ahead.

    ReplyDelete