Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

On The Road Again

We are spending the night in Chiefland, Florida, in a Best Western with internet access. We had dinner at a restaurant that we checked out online and it had a couple of rave reviews (I am guessing they were written by family). The food was mediocre, at best. The sweet potato was delicious, but then how hard is it to bake a potato.

We drove about 8 hours from Pensacola Beach today going from the Central Time Zone into the Eastern Time Zone. We are planning to drive to Englewood tomorrow. Including a stop for breakfast, it should take about 4 1/2 hours. We will be staying there for 2 or 3 nights and then beginning the long trip home. We are planning to return via South Carolina to stop to see a nephew. We expect to be home around the 24th.

I took some pix along the way that I would like to share. I haven't done any art, but have played a lot of Yahtzee and Cribbage and worked numerous crossword puzzles. So far we've had a great time even though the weather didn't cooperate. Yestereday was the only nice weather day we had while in Pensacola Beach and today was lovely.

This is last evening's sunset in Pensacola Beach.


This is arches at Fort Pickens used in the Civil War.


A lovely beach near Mexico Beach.


A beach near Carabelle taken through the car window.



I am hoping to get back into art soon, but for now I am enjoying my hiatus. I am missing my friends Nancy and Tina and, of course, my little girls.

I hope to post again while I am on the road, but no promises. Internet access is spotty at best.

xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Your photos are gorgeous! I've only been to FL once, but I was amazed at how spectacular the sunsets are there. Your photo of it brought back fond memories, as did the view of the beautiful white sand. Safe travels, friend, and I hope you enjoy every moment of your lovely vacation. See you soon! hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! I've never been to Fort Pickens, but you are the third person who's told me about it so I think I need to get there. You're so lucky to be traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're getting some beautiful photos. Glad you're finding ways to enjoy the trip despite less than perfect weather.

    Cyndi Lavin at Mixed Media Artist mentioned Faint Art Heart today as a blog to watch. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicki
    I wondered why we hadn't heard from you on the yahoo groups, but I can see now that you've been off vactioning and having fun. Great photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the arches are amazing. i enjoy the photos on your blog. im making a list of places i need to visit. i want to be inspired to create. those arches would do it.

    ReplyDelete