Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Art and Photography

I have finally taken the plunge and am actively working on a canvas that has been sitting in the rejects heap for more than a year. So far I've painted over the entire canvas with white acrylic paint (I ran out of gesso, but have ordered some from Dick Blick) and then I randomly stroked and spattered a mix of Pthalo Green and Titanium White. I'm not sure yet where I am going with this, but hope to play more this afternoon after my tutoring session.



I also wanted to share a couple of photos I took in the yard a couple of days ago that I think are worth sharing. The photography bug is biting me and I think I am going to have to set aside some time in the coming days to give in to it.  I am thinking I may do a journal with 30 or 31 pages and take a pic a day to put in it. I've seen this idea online somewhere. Sorry, I don't remember where.

Here is a picture I took of the roses in the side garden:



They have the most wonderful smell!

And here is one of the "babbling" part of the creek right outside the back door. I love falling asleep this time of year with the windows open and this soothing sound.



It is nice and cool this morning and for a change I don't feel suffocated with the humidity. I think I will take the camera out and walk the yard.

And then I will work more on arranging my art space. I have been working a bit here and there over time and am hoping to finish some time this week. Perhaps then I will share some pix of my creative space.

For now, I am off to walk the yard, eat breakfast, work just a bit on my room, tutor mathematics for an hour or so, walk the treadmill, shower and then begin my day.

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Hi Vicki-your canvas looks interesting. Will be fun to see what you do with it and your photographs are wonderful so far. What a great idea to take a photo a day and put them in a journal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't wait to see what you do with the canvas. i love the photos too! keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A journal of your photos sounds great. I put photos in mine occasionally. I'll be waiting to see what you do with them. Those roses are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's an idea for you Vicki.....take a lot of old pages from books, newspapers, paper with words...and collage like crazy with gel medium.....then start painting randomly all over it using three colours....since you started with this one colour, choose perhaps a yellow and a pink.....build layers and layers, use kitchen stuff with textures and spray through, don't think about where you're going....just have fun and play lots....you'll be amazed what happens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about going in all different directions. Sometimes it's difficult to settle down on one creative thing at a time. :) I like the start to the canvas to have going. I love photography and your photos are a lovely way to connect to nature. good luck on the journal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great start on the canvas - and I just love that brook you have in your yard. Your photos are awesome, and the photo journal sounds like a wonderful idea! nancy

    ReplyDelete