Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I'm Finally Home for the Summer

and hoping to get into a routine where I can set aside a couple of hours a day to devote to art. I just did a quick sketch of an oriole to "get my feet wet". Funny how difficult it seems to just put a pencil to paper after such a long hiatus.

It is not really very good, but I think you can tell it is a bird .





And here is a picture of my Mom reading with Morgan. It was so special to have the girls really get to know their great grandmother. They just called her Grandma, as they call me Nana.



They had big fun together. 

I've really missed my routine and my art, but surely did treasure this special time with Mom. She is a very special lady.

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. It's good to have you back. Like your drawing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your drawing is most definitely a bird! You did a nice job of it. So the girls went with you to your mom's? Glad you enjoyed the time with her and glad you are safely home too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! I am glad you spend time with her and the little ones... very special times! The bird is fine, like you say, time with art is always good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course it looks like a bird ... a very nicely drawn bird to boot! Great photo of your mom and Morgan! Welcome home, my friend!! nancy

    ReplyDelete