Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Rainy Monday

I awoke this morning to a huge headache and a gray and rainy day. According to the weather lady the high for today will be 55º and the rain will stop later this morning. I don't think we will see the sun today.

Yesterday was a beautiful day - beautiful sunshine and high 50s. We went out first thing in the morning and spent about an hour walking the beach. We found some more shells to take home for our grandgirls. Some of them are a bit less than perfect, but all are interesting and the girls will be thrilled to sort through them choosing favorites.



These are the ones we found earlier in the week.


And these are the ones we found yesterday.



I was also able to get a couple of sunset shots Saturday evening. We have a really nice view from our 8th floor balcony.










I've read three paperback novels this weekend, walked the beach a couple of times, walked around old town Pensacola, watched the Super Bowl, and had my sister and her husband over for dinner yesterday. I think we are going to drive over to Pensacola later today to go to Joe Patti's to select some fish for dinner. I just wish we had a grill. I much prefer to cook fish and chicken on the grill than on top of the stove.

I'm just about to head to the gym and try once again to sweat out this head cold (or allergies or whatever it is that is making me headachy and giving me this runny nose and runny eyes). I hope to do some sketching later today so I will have something to show tomorrow.


xoxo

9 comments:

  1. Those shells would be perfect in a mosiac stepping stone! Hope your having fun
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous sunsets! I hope your headache has faded by now, and that your stuffy nose clears up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shells are irresistible aren't they? And those are so pretty. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely variety of shells there,great photos too. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pics of the shells. Walking the beach is such an Artist's treat. Terah from CED

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photo, lovely shells (perfect specimens to draw and paint!). hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that sunset. gorgeous. I needed that ;0)

    http://livinglifephotographically.blogspot.com/2011/02/3-new-black-and-white-textures.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos, and I see some excellent shells! One even looks like a flower from this perspective! They should be fun for practicing blind contours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photography is out standing ! As are your writings .....winna

    ReplyDelete