Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

I Accomplished a Lot this Weekend

But now I am sick. I woke up this morning with a very sore throat, an awful cough, and achy all over. I think our Little Miss 3 must have given me a surprise gift. I only hope this means that she is over it.


I did get the projects I was working on finished for the most part. The journal with the soft cover was finished with a coptic stitch:





I finally finished the long stitch through slotted spine (I had to redo it three times before I got it right, but now I really know how to do it).






And I got the dictionary torn apart and back together in thirds, but realized too late that I either had to let the print dry longer or had to spray it with some kind of fixative. When I put the three together under a large book for the glue to dry, I found I'd smeared the print on the covers.


I haven't decided on a resolution yet, but may just cut another Tyvek cover for each and then just label them with permanent Sharpie marker.





I did have a lovely Easter day, beginning with this:



And this,


This was taken through a screen, so is not clear as it might have been. A pair of these have been hanging around in the creek for awhile now, but lately I only see mister. I hope this means that she is on a nest close by and soon we will have a parade of little ones to watch.



And for Easter, we had the hubster's sister, Jan, and her husband Jack for the afternoon and my son and his two little girls came out later. We had a lovely time. Here are a couple of pix:


Zoë and Aunt Jan



Zoë in her Easter finery



Talking to Papa (the hubster)



The sisters


I was planning to take a bubble envelope with a book inside to the post office this morning to see what the postage would be compared to the small Priority Box and see if I could lower the prices of my journals, but I am feeling so lousy, I think I may just head back to bed.


I hope you are doing well and that you have a lovely day,

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you had a lovely Easter, Vicki, but I am sorry you aren't feeling well!!

    Your journals are marvelous! The Gilmarten's Word Study is particularly wonderful.

    Happy Monday . . . feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki, You took such good care of your little one when she was sick and I guess you're paying for it now. I'm sure you wouldn't change a thing, though. Zoe looks like a little doll. I hope that Momma mallard does have a nest close by and that we'll all be seeing some photos pretty soon. Take care and get better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful weekend you had! Sorry to hear you are sick now. :( Love what you've been working on, all those books looks great, and even the dictionary pages have a sort of charm though they are smeared a bit. What is that quote about there being no mistakes, only design opportunities (something like that, I totally just slaughtered it). Is there a way you can turn this "mistake" into something that works for you? Perhaps print over ir in another colour?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious photos of Zoe, my has she grown!!!!

    So sorry to hear you're not feeling well.

    The books look great. When you have to re-do a book, do you just cut the binding thread? I've never made a book myself so haven't a clue what it takes. It looks hard to do...just the folding of all those pages in watercolor 140 lb. weight makes my hands cramp up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a busy time you had - hope you can now relax and have a swift recovery from whatever bug you caught!

    ReplyDelete