Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

On The Mend

I had occasion to talk to a pharmacist about a prescription for the hubster and asked her (jokingly) what she could give me for the common cold. Her response, "seven days". This is day 5 and I think I am going to make it. I spent nearly all day Monday in bed; on Tuesday I spent a little less time in bed; on Wednesday I stayed up most of the day; and yesterday I had Little Miss 3 for the day. She is still sporting a runny nose and a bit of a cough, but we had a pretty good day.


At one point in the day I had her on my lap at the desktop with the tablet and pen and she was making art using Photoshop - pretty impressive for a 3 year old, no?  I wish I'd taken a photo of her work that we printed out in color, but she took it home before I thought to do so. It was pretty cool. It was done in country red and country blue using the Custom Shape Tool with a person, a house, and trees. It was a little masterpiece and she loved it when she had much of the shape off the paper. There was much giggling going on - she really lives the "art is fun" maxim.


I have some pictures to share with you from a previous visit in which she made me some ATCs. She not only made pictures, it looks like she tried to put her name on them. What do you think of these?


You can see them better if you click on the picture.



I asked her to write her name on the back, but she couldn't let all that art real estate go to waste, so she drew other things on the backs.


I'm pretty sure I see an m and an o on the left most one. And it looks like the right most one should maybe be horizontal. I see an n and an o.



One of the days I was too sick to pay much attention, my kids and their kids went to the park together. They met up at the son's house and my daughter saw some very nice art Little Miss 7 had displayed. When she complimented her on it and told her what a good artist she is (and she is), she said, "Thanks, I get it from my Nana." How sweet is that!!!


I have a weekend full of family stuff (some fun, some obligations) that I need to prepare for, so I am planning to take a trip into town. While I am there I am hoping to find some lamb shoulder so I can try to make a lamb stew for dinner. 


I hope to find some down time this weekend to get to work on more books and now that I've found some time saving options to making books (mostly taking the paper to the print shop instead of cutting it one sheet at a time), I am planning to lower the prices on my books. I still need to take a book to the post office in a padded envelope and see what it costs to ship it that way instead of in a Priority Mail box. I am hoping it will be much less than the $5 for a small box or $10.50 for medium size box so that I can lower prices even more. Stay tuned!!


I think I am going to be moving a bit slowly today, so I'd best get on my horse and get this day started. I hope to see you on Monday feeling a lot better and with lots of things to share. 


xoxo

9 comments:

  1. Sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope you are on the mend soon.

    Have you inquired at the Post Office about the Media Mail rate? It is for books. It takes a little longer, but is usually much cheaper. As long as you are only sending a book, and nothing else, your items should be eligible for it, I believe. It's been a while since I've used it, so I'm not totally up on the current rates and regulations. Something to consider, though, to save money.

    Beautiful ATCs from Little Miss 3 - you have a budding artist :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Camilla,

    Thanks for the reminder about media mail rate. I will inquire.

    I sure hope you and the group have fun this weekend and hope to have a chance some time in the future to meet up with some of you,

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're feeling well enough to go out! Yep, a little "art tribe" for sure! lol hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're feeling better and were able to have an "artful" day with your little Miss 3. Have a great time with your family this weekend. It seems like those times grow shorter as the kids get older.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that you are on the mend, Vicki, and able to enjoy your charming little artist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The drawings are cute! =) Your posts always tickle me, and your comments too. I really appreciate them Vicki, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear you're on the mend...those colds can be butt kickers, for sure.

    Miss 3 is doing very well...and how easily they take to electronics is amazing. They don't have the fear of messing up like the adults. They just think it's fun and approach it like play...something we could take a lesson from, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the little artista's work! : ) And what a great compliment to you! Hope you feel better soon. Take good care of yourself.

    Blessings,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you are soon feeling 100% again - maybe time away from creativity is just a chance for ideas (not just germs) to incubate?! Lovely to hear how you are encouraging the next generation of artists ...

    Sue

    ReplyDelete