Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

EDiM and Family Time

I'm still in the UP with my Mom and having a wonderful time - even though she skunked me at cribbage yesterday.


I arrived on Friday in time for the indoor picnic my youngest sister provided. She brought her almost 3 year old granddaughter with her. What fun that little cutie is!! We had a houseful, and it was noisy and fun. Later in the day another niece of mine came to visit with her husband and her two boys.


On Saturday, we went out in the morning to share an omelet at Bentley's and then went to Hope House to shop for used books. I picked up some vegetables at the grocery store and made some homemade chicken noodle soup with the leftovers from the picnic of the day before. And Verlander pitched a no hitter. A wonderful day!


On Mothers' Day, we decided we had enough food in the house so didn't go anywhere. My sister and her husband who live just outside of town stopped for a short visit and then came back again after going to the grocery store to bring a few things including a couple of pinwheel cookies for Mom and I to have with our coffee. Nice treat. And the Tigers won again!


I did take a little time away from our crossword puzzles, Yahtzee, and cribbage games to do some quick sketches for Every Day in May. They aren't my best, but for what it's worth, here they are:








I need some help - what do I put on a finished colored pencil sketches so they don't "run" onto the next page. I'd appreciate your input on this one.

We have another busy day planned as I will be leaving for home early tomorrow morning. Hope you are having a wonderful day.

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. You can get a fixative spray to use on pencil art so it doesn't smear - works well on chalk as well. Mine is from Dick Blick, and is called "Matte Fixative Workable". Workable just means that you can work over top of it after it has dried, if you wish to add other layers to your art work. The big commercial brands make fixative sprays too. And in a real pinch, a cheapie hairspray like Suave, White Rain, Aquanet, etc. will often also work! Especially if it is just for a sketch journal, and you don't want to splurge on more expensive fixative sprays :)

    How is the weather in the UP? It is beautiful today here in mid-Michigan. Lots of sunshine, also the forecast says rain is coming for the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give yourself many pats on the back for keeping up with the EDiM project while visiting your mom. Way to go!! hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great time at mom's! I sure wish I could actually do EDiM for once. I couldn't even do it when I was jobless so that says a lot ^^ Love the sketches by the way, and thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done you! It's a real challenge to keep up with this whilst visiting.

    ReplyDelete