Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

EDiM Day 3, Flowers and Trade-Ins

I'm off to a good start this morning. I got up at 6:30 and could actually breathe - that is surely a good sign. Unfortunately it is 41º and is expected to be cloudy with a chance of rain and a high of only 50º. I guess I'd better take my hoodie when I run my errands.


The computer I gave to my daughter is in need of replacement and I am waiting for a box to be shipped so I can trade it in on a new one. The value of the machine is just under $100, but I guess that is better than just taking it in to a recycle place. They will ship packaging and I will send it in. Meanwhile, I will be purchasing a new desktop so she can have my current one.


On a more profitable note, I received an email from Amazon.com asking me if I had any books that I'd like to trade in. Well, of course, you know I have a zillion books many of which I loved to look through, but will probably not look through again. So I went to my book case in the next room (my overflow) and chose 21 books that I thought were nice, but that I really had no use for and was surprised to find that they are worth around $60. I printed out the shipping label and will take them to a UPS shipping facility today.


These two trade-ins will be used to defray the cost of the new computer. Let's see - that is $1499 - $100 - $60 - looks like I still have a long way to go, don't you think?


Yesterday I drew a power plug as the assignment for EDiM day 2. For what it is worth, here it is:


I'm afraid my colored pencil is a bit sad looking, but I think color adds to it nevertheless.


I think I'd better post some really pretty pix today so you will get at least a bit of eye candy here.....


The tulip tree is just about ready to bloom - c'mon sun!

I love these variegated tulips. I especially like the shadows in this one.

I love how the background turned out on this one.

I have a very busy day planned today. I have to recycle - the bins in the garage are overflowing and the contents seem to be multiplying on their own. I will go to the daughter's and pick up the computer - will probably visit a bit while I am there. Little Miss 3 is never satisfied with a quick in and out visit. I am planning to go to the downtown library where they have a book selling operation going on. I am hoping to find some hard covered books for $1 or so.


I have made another book while I was sick, but it is one of the two I've designed for the fiber artist in St. Joe who special ordered one. I just know she is going to love these. I will share once I've delivered it later this month.


I am going to my Mom's for Mothers' Day and will spend the weekend with her. I will take some sketching supplies with me so I don't get behind in EDiM. I won't get any bookbinding done, but I will surely play lots of cribbage and yahtzee, watch the Tigers, go to a fish fry, and maybe even visit a few second hand stores.


Thanks for visiting, I hope to have some art for you tomorrow.

xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Those variegated tulips are gorgeous! Spring is finally here, although they're calling for below freezing temps tonight. Glad to hear you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely barn picture, nice EDiM sketches. Sorry you're not well, hope you feel better soon. Good luck with EDi M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear your feel better. You're off to a good start with Everyday in May.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I'm happy to hear you're feeling better! The flowers are beautiful. We'll have to talk about the business of selling back books to Amazon .... sounds good to me! hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great that you're feeling better Vicki. Nice drawing, and those photography are so professionally taken! =) I wish I could spend more time taking pictures sometimes

    ReplyDelete