Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

EDM 203 and Watercolor Pencil WIP

It is another beautiful, breezy day here in southern Michigan and I am so happy to have the windows open so I can hear the lovely concert the birds are providing. We have several feeders and I think the cost is well worth the admission to this ongoing musical.


I have done a quick sketch of a glass of juice sitting in the tray on my hassock in the living room for EDM 203.




I have also added another layer to the watercolor pencil WIP. I know I still have a long way to go, but so far so good. Comments?? Suggestions??


I put it in a digital mat to better set it off.


The hubster and I went out to breakfast and then shopped around looking for new storm windows - confusing and costly, but surely not as big a job as replacing the windows. We also stopped at Beck's and bought some annuals to plant around the front yard.


I think the hubster was thinking about playing tennis later this afternoon, but it may be a bit too windy for that.  The French Open is in its final days and I am enjoying the matches. The women's final is between Francesca Schiavone and Li Na. I am looking forward to a really good match. Schiavone is the returning champion from last year, but Li Na is really on her game this year. The men's semis have Nadal, Djokovic, Federer and Murray - the top four in the world - sure to be great tennis.


That's all I have today; I think it is time to go visit the treadmill and then read the last of the four books I borrowed from the library on Wednesday. I've read three books in two days and am looking forward to reading the fourth today.  I will try to get some art done later today as well.


xoxo



6 comments:

  1. It looks great to me. Wish I was sitting in one of those beach chairs right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so far, love it! And yeah...I think I'll be sitting in one of those chairs in Orange Beach next week =) I am looking forward to my vacation which I haven't had in yearssssss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, airy painting! Those chairs send out a siren's song!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it - and I agree with you that the digital mat really sets off those soft colours.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chairs are looking real nice...and inviting. Wish I was at the beach right now. Supposed to be in the 80's today...wonderfully below normal temps for this time of year.

    Titles of the books you've read? I'm slowly getting through Bill Bryson's, At Home...fascinating reading but so filled with details it may take me the rest of my life to get through this one. Also reading a travel book by Paul Theroux, The Great Railway Bazaar, recommended by an online book club friend since I love trains.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since I'm working backwards on your posts trying to catch up, I know where this little beauty is going! I love the shadows you put in! hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete