Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I Think It is Going to Be A Nap Day

I stayed up until nearly 2 am watching the Tigers play the Indians. It went for 14 innings and was a real heart breaker at the end. I think nearly every pitcher in the bull pen was used and everything was going fine until one of the new pitchers we got at the trade deadline hit a batter with the bases loaded. What an awful way to end a game! I sure hope the starting pitchers are really good today as the bull pen surely won't be ready for more so soon.


I did spend some time in the art room yesterday morning. I've added a bit to the watercolor, but it is wimpy and there is a smudge of black ink from a leaky fountain pen that I didn't know had left its mark on my finger.  I am seriously thinking that I will add a cliff on the left arcing toward the bottom of the photo somewhat in silhouette or maybe add some boats. I sure wish I was better at watercolor, and do know that in order to get better I need to play more and so I shall.


This is still only the very first layer. Who knows how it may turn out?




I tried to capture the likeness of my Aunt Mary in a quick ink sketch and while it is not all that good, I can see a bit of her in it.





I found a couple of new blogs and groups online yesterday and am hoping to get more incentive to try more painting. One of them is Studio Atelier - they have a new challenge every 4 weeks so you have lots of time to play with it before submitting or you can just play along and lurk.....


I also have joined The Painting Loft where there are assignments (you are not obligated to do them). I sometimes don't know what I want to paint and stick with the same kind of themes, so this gives me a wider scope of ideas.


I believe that my friend, Nancy, and I are going to a life drawing session tomorrow. This will be a first for me and I'm a little nervous, but looking forward to it. I am going to try to remember to do the quick poses as gestures sketches so I get something down before the pose changes. I'm not sure how I am going to eat lunch out while on the HCG diet, but I will face that challenge when it happens.


I have to make a decision about what I am going to attempt for the August swap with my Water Colour Pencil Buddies - the theme is orange, a color I really like. I have no idea what I am going to do with it, but intend to have some fun with it. I'll share it once the recipient has received it.


Time for a second cup of coffee and then browse through some magazines and catalogs and see if any ideas hit for a new project. Isn't it grand to have a day off to spend on art??!!


I hope you find time for yourself today. I am so enjoying reading the blogs of others. I subscribe to so many that I don't feel I have time to comment on them all, especially with the slow connection I have, but it never ceases to amaze me the amount and diversity of talent out there.


xoxo



5 comments:

  1. Vicki - I like the colours - very mellow. As you say, who knows what will happen next?!! Aunty Mary is so cool... I really must take a leaf out of your book and try to sketch more real people, instead of making them up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for introducing those two sites. I am always interested to find new painting groups. Hope you got a great idea for a new project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed Aunt Mary in the flesh today, but I can tell she's lovely! I had a great time today and you did some really nice sketches! hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are looking great! Love that sketch of Aunt Mary ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice start to a painting - i'll be watching for the finished version.

    ReplyDelete