Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Artful Journaling and More Digital Scrapbooking

I had a lovely time with Nancy yesterday despite the fact that the antique mall that was supposed to be out first stop doesn't open on Mondays. Another reminder that a phone call ahead of time doesn't hurt. We stopped at the lovely corner market that I think used to be called the Common Market, but now has another name. I've searched online for a small specialty grocery in Chelsea, but have failed to find it. At any rate they have a lovely assortment of things that you don't find at your big grocery store.


I chose a bottle of red wine based on the recommendation of the people buying at this store and the hubster liked it very much. I also purchased a sourdough roll for us to split with the rabbit stew I made for dinner last evening. I have yet to try the honey mustard salad dressing, the chipolte sauce and the brown rice.


We stopped in at Back to the Roots, a fair trade community store, which now has a lovely cafe inside. We decided to try it for lunch. We each ordered hot tea and then a sushi selection.  I had  a lovely entree called Crunchy Veggie, which was tempura asparagus, avocado, spring mix and teriyaki sauce. It was wrapped in rice and seaweed. It also comes with bell pepper, but I opted to leave it out. I believe Nancy had the California Tempura and she liked hers very well too. She also had a bit of their soup of the day, which was a squash soup. I really wanted some, too, but it was cream based. I am sure we will be eating here again.

We also stopped at Bumbles Dry Goods where I found some lovely wood book marks and some handmade wooden salad tongs. I love Bumbles. They always have something that I've just got to have and everything is handmade.


Last evening I finally did some work in my Artful Journal and here is what I have to share:


Just the beginning - I think the adding a bit of blue to the yellow worked just fine, but the one to the right of the yellow square in which I added a bit of yellow to the blue didn't come out quite right.

 
I made my red much too watery and am not very happy with this page, but this is a learning experience and I am hoping I will learn how to use the water brush better in the coming assignments.

I also spent a bit of time with the My Memories scrapbooking software to make a couple more pages. The one with Zoƫ I made using one of the built in designer pages. I just added the pictures and the text; the wedding page I made using the custom options and adding my own background and embellishments.





The embellishments on this page were purchased from Scrappers Guide.



Stayed tuned - I am about to announce how you can win a copy of this easy and fun digital software.


My daughter is bringing her two girls out after school today so we can have a celebration for her younger daughter who turned 4 on Sunday. That means I have to get it together and go get some cupcakes and ice cream. I also have to get the gifts wrapped and a card made.


Time to make my move.......

xoxo

5 comments:

  1. birthday cakes and ice cream with kids - what a great end to the day! Part of what I love about teaching is the endless supply of Birthday cake! Hehe! Love the scrapbook pages, especially the one of Zoe - what a cutie and what great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. Re the watermelon... they ARE watery... and you conveyed this very well. I think you're too hard on yourself. :) And I LOVE LOVE your transparent shadows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that little sketch, and Zoe is absolutely adorable! =) I wonder why babies like to put everything in their mouth.... must be thinking... "Food?"... "Food?" ^^
    Good luck with the color chart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waterbrushes are convenient, but then I have the same problems with making things to watery. (Probably because i don't use them enough to know how to control that!) I think it is a wonderful page! Is there a rule that you can't do a second wash over it?

    Sounds like you had a great day together with Nancy. I need a 'Nancy' to go sketching with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, we did have fun, as always, along with some great laughs! Your scrapbook pages are really nice, and Zoe is just as cute as can be! I think the watermelon page is fine. I have trouble with the water pens, too. Like Raena, I haven't used them enough to have the hang of them. nancy

    ReplyDelete