Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Feeling Better and Life Drawing

I am feeling much more like myself today and it is a good thing. I am picking up Miss 8 1/2 and Miss 3 (who will be 4 on Sunday) after school today and they are spending the night with me. We will surely find time to do some art and I will happily share it with you tomorrow.


Meanwhile, I went to Ella Sharp this morning to attend the life drawing class and spent a couple of hours. From there I went to the grocery store to buy a few things and filled the car up with gas. I am now home and ready to finish the chicken soup I began last evening.


But first I will share with you the sketches I attempted today at the life drawing class:

I really need to learn how to do foreshortening in order to draw figures in perspective.




Does any one know of a tutorial on foreshortening that they would be willing to recommend? I am really enjoying the camaraderie of the drawing class, but would like to have a hint about how to improve.


I hope you are enjoying this lovely, cool weather. I am about to join the hubster on the front stoop for a spell before adding some veggies to my chicken soup.

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I don't really have any tips except just to keep drawing. I actually think you did a pretty good job with it. It looks like you used charcoal pencils - did you like them? See you soon! hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a site on line that has tutorials for a lot of things. I refer to them now and then..especially when I'm stuck. They may have something that will help out.
    http://www.drawspace.com/

    I like to loosen up with gesture drawings before I jump into figure drawing. It seems to make my mind unclog, and stop worrying so much about what I'm doing.

    I haven't drawn figures in years..just posted my first attempt at a couple of self-portraits yesterday. I remember it does get easier with practice, but I've never mastered it.

    One thing I found helpful during my figure drawing class in college was to study figure drawings from the masters. Degas, did some wonderful figure drawings. His sketches are ideal.

    Keep up the good work!

    (I envy your control of water color. I've never been able to work in that medium. It always looked like a sloppy mess.)

    ReplyDelete