Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

EDinNov 3 and 4

I had serious problems with my internet connection yesterday and so was unable to post. In order to troubleshoot when I call tech support, I run a web response test. The desired response time is under 12 seconds and I am asked to run the test 5 times in a row and then average the results. On Monday when I spent a bit more than an hour on the phone with them, my speeds were in the twenties and thirties. The test records the number of seconds it takes to load very small images. Yesterday the test generated these results:

64.6 seconds
82.9 seconds
128.7 seconds
128.2 seconds
74.6 seconds

Needless to say, I was frustrated to the max and unable to get even the most simple pages to load in any reasonable amount of time, and I spent way too much time on the phone to tech support again. It appears that my connection is running in the 3 or 4 second range this morning. My concern is that it will not continue this way.


Yesterday was the hubster's first physical therapy appointment and it went well, but we were there for far too long. He is now able to put a bit of weight on his right leg and is much happier with the crutches with that bit of improvement. He did a series of 6 different exercises several times yesterday and was actual in a bit of pain be bedtime. He took a pain pill and had a good night.


Later in the afternoon I took him up to the mall and out for a burger and beer. We had a good day overall.


I just read a really good book by Ann Patchett called "State of Wonder" and am beginning another by Jeffrey Archer. I will let you know how that one goes.


I drew the little girls' cat as yesterday's EDinNov assignment so here is the November 3 sketch:



Cat


Today I did a little value study of a mountain lake scene:
Mountain Lake



It is quite cold out this morning. I have an appointment for a haircut later this morning and we have Zoƫ overnight tonight. I am hoping to have a wonderful day. I need to stop and get some fruit after my haircut and then need to do a bit of house cleaning (ugh!). It is imperative that I vacuum the living room before the baby arrives as she can find the smallest thing on the carpet and her mouth is her major sensory organ these days.
I can smell the coffee that I made on my way in here to post and I think I need a mug or two in order to properly get this day started.

I hope you are staying warm and are making time for yourself.

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. you know when I come here I always feel like we are having a chat.Its a warm happy place this is with great art to look at,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always fun to have babies overnight =) I like watching them sleep, so peaceful and calm... makes me sleep a lot faster too not having to think about anything.
    Sweet sketches, I am sure the girls love them. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you not have another choice for internet service? Those opening times totally suck! That's worse than dialup.

    It was very cold here this morning with a bitterly cold wind adding to the discomfort...in the 30's when DH took dogs to dog park at 6:30 AM...now that we're going off daylight saving time he'll be going later in the day...and we haven't gotten to winter yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Faint Heart Art" has been included in this weeks A Sunday Drive. I hope this helps to attract even more visitors here.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2011/11/sunday-drive.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your watercolor .. so far so good... you'll enjoy working on this one... hugs BJ
    of course I'm warm! It's Florida !! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't imagine having times like that! Wonderful sketches. Your cat is cute as can be!

    ReplyDelete