Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Poses, A Teaser, and In the Mail At Last

I got up about an hour ago, but decided before I did anything else I had to get cards made and my two swaps in the mail. Mission accomplished! Unfortunately, as is usual with me, I am so anxious to get swaps in the mail I neglected to take pix. I wouldn't share them until they were received anyway, but nevertheless I like to have pictures of my "creations". This is what my card looks like:


You may remember this watercolor attempt from late last year.


I decided that this would be a pretty card and that it would be nice to get some use out of this painting of mine. I am quite happy with how the cards came out. I have a box of pre-scored card stock from Red River Paper and matching envelopes that I use each time I send a swap out. I just made a custom sized preset in my printer page setup menu and now any time I want to print to a card, I just select the 7 x 5 custom preselect and voila!


Once I'd gotten the two swaps in the mail, I opened my web browser and went to the Posemaniacs site to do my daily warm-up. As usual the "blind" contours are on the left and the "looking" sketches are on the right. I didn't notice until I was ready to take a picture to share that the poses were mirror images of each other. How quirky!!




I thought I would put a snap of another bit of the zine I am giving away as a teaser today. 


This is a two page spread in the "How to Draw Like A Loon" zine.
REMINDER:

The drawing for Andrea Joseph's latest zine will take place on Sunday night and the winner will be announced on Monday, January 23.

You must leave your comment in the post from Monday, January 16. One comment per person, please!

I hope you find some time for yourself today to be creative in whatever way gives you pleasure.

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I like to keep a copy of my work too, and like yourself sometimes forget to take a photo...whoops. Anyway, if your first painting is anything to go by I'm sure the recipient will love their card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forget all the time when I give a gift - I just get so excited! Stunning watercolor - esp. the reflection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful creations ~ love the water color ~~ namaste, Carol (Share the Creative Journey) and A Creative Harbor

    ReplyDelete