Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

This and That and The Winner

I think I am pretty seriously sleep deprived what with staying up until all hours watching tennis. I am using that as my excuse for not trying a Posemaniacs sketch this morning. But yesterday I did try a self portrait in pencil. It is not very good, but I chose not to fuss over it. Maybe I should try a self portrait each day until I get it right. Do you remember Myrna Wacknov's "Drawn to the Mirror" project, in which she did a self portrait every day for a year? I don't think I will do that much, but maybe once a week. Stay tuned.... Anyway, here is yesterday's attempt. I tried holding the pencil quite loosely and I didn't have my glasses on so couldn't quite see what I was rendering.


At this point, I think any others I try will be an improvement.


Yesterday I decided to concentrate on miles rather than time while on the treadmill. I jogged for 3 miles and then did some abs and upper weight training with Denise Austin. I have her ebook, "Denise's Daily Dozen" on my iPod.


I decided to take a couple of pictures of what it is that I am looking at while I am jogging and share it with you. I think what I need is a flat screen TV on the wall straight ahead with a path so I can do a virtual outside jog. As you will see, I have a pretty good view when I jog. The thing is I am usually far away in my head and sometimes don't pay attention to this view at all.


This is just left and ahead as you can tell from the angle. This is to the west.



This is right next to the treadmill to the right side. This is then north view.

Thank you for staying with me this far. I know you just came over to see who is the winner of the  wonderful zine, "How to Draw a Loon" by Andrea Joseph.  Drum roll, please....................

The winner is 

Tracey Fletcher King

Can you tell that I went to her blog and copied her name from there. Isn't that a lovely font. Tracey, send me an email so I can put that lovely art treasure in the mail for you.

Thank you to all of you who took the time to enter and perhaps you'll have more luck on the next giveaway.

xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Well, I did come by to check the winner, but I always enjoy following your blog. Nice self-portrait, especially given that you aren't wearing your lenses, and what a lovely view you have! We have sun again after 4 days of much needed rain. We'll be going out for a walk soon, but I'm not working the upper body so am interested in looking into Denise's workout. It's so easy to make excuses, I need tools to stay motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful views you have while working out. Have you ever sketched them? The bare trees make such beautiful patterns against the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Tracey! Great view while you're walking the treadmill.
    Stay inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a spectacular view !!! We never have snow in Sydney. so all of these Northern hemisphere paintings and photos of the snow amaze me.

    Your self portrait is great (love the "no glasses" concept)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got a great view, have you thought of drawing the dark tree shapes against the snow?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes indeed, it is a truly wonderful view and such a beautiful scene to study while you use the treadmill. Your self portrait is actually quite good, said the lady who knows exactly what you look like! hugs nancy

    ReplyDelete