Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

Sketches, Sun Up, and Dolphins

I didn't get up very early this morning, but when I did arise (I was up late reading a good book), the sun was presenting a very pretty picture from the balcony.





It is a little cool today and the waters are pretty calm, which seems to be just right for seeing dolphins cavorting fairly close to the shoreline. Unfortunately, they were quite far away from me so that even with my long lens I couldn't get great pix, but I do have a few to share with you. If you click on them you will be able to see them better.







And I have a couple of quick sketches to share. I haven't been sketching much, but when I have it has been a pleasure. I think I may have to work on these again to try to do a value sketch perhaps.





I remembered to get valentine cards into the mail for my grandgirls today and am looking forward to hearing their reaction. It is so special to get mail, especially when you are young.

I gave in to a craving for bratwurst for dinner yesterday and am paying for it today. I know better than to eat greasy, spicy meats in bread, but I must say they were delicious. I served them with baked sweet potatoes and garlic spinach.

I hope you are enjoying these days as they continue to get just a bit longer (at least in daylight hours) and that you are finding time for yourself and your creativity.

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Oh those dolphins look like they are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice sketches...and the dolphins!!!!!!! I love dolphins ^^ Well captured there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic view to wake up to, Vicki! You are very lucky. Thanks for sharing your pix.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing the dolphins in the water, and you are lucky to just look off the balcony and see them... glad you are still sketching and I think I can see real progress in your work... I have talked about your wonderful prize in my blog today so hope it shoots some love your way...Trace xx

    ReplyDelete