Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Another Busy Weekend

I drove to Ann Arbor with Nancy on Saturday for a "Single Sheet Sewing" class at Hollander's. It was a really nice class; Cindy Hollander is a good and patient teacher; Kerrytown was packed and the farmers' market was stupendous. We both left with a lovely book before the official end time of the class.


I love the paper selections and the kits the Hollander's provide for their classes.


I got home around 5 pm to find Zoë and the kitty separated by the sliding glass door. It seems that Zoë is a bit overzealous in her playing with the wee thing. I had a lovely, busy evening with Miss Z and found myself in bed and on the verge of sleep by 8:30, and didn't awaken until 6:30 Saturday morning. I guess I needed it.


Dana and the girls came out to visit the kitty Friday evening and she took a photo of the wee ones with me. She thinks this should become my new profile picture.




Last evening I decided to do a bit of art in my nature journal and came up with these two.







And finally, I spent a bit of time doing what I think of as gesture sketching. In the first one I captured (or tried to) my two older grandgirls a couple of years ago trying to decipher a greeting card at the younger one's First Communion party.




And the other is a cow's head.




I also finally got the niches cut in my altered book, only to find that there still isn't enough depth for the latest finds. Rats!! Next time I will plan better.


I have been banging my head against the wall all morning trying to get my internet access to work long enough to post this. Instead of the usually 20 to 30 minutes that I expect it to take, this morning's post has taken a whopping 2 hours. I have been to my hour long conditioning class and jogged on the treadmill for 30 minutes to work off the frustration of the first hour attempt. Hopefully that has kept my blood pressure from going totally wonky.


I hope your day is not as frustrating as mine has been so far and that mine continues to improve. I will make time for family - I am headed into town to recycle, visit, and shop. And then later this evening I am planning to go watch Miss P play softball. Meanwhile, I think I deserve a big green salad with tomatoes, mushrooms, and crabmeat to fuel this system of mine.

Stay well and keep creating!!

xoxo

5 comments:

  1. You've been busy creating! Your birds are my favorite today! Sorry to hear the Internet is acting like an obnoxious brat- hope it behaves for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have certainly been busy, no wonder you slept like a log! Love the photo of you with kitty and gchild, and yes it would make a good profile picture, although I do like the one you use already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such beautiful work, the book looks great, I would love to take a class like that, we don't have those in this area, what a wonderful photo of you, I agree, great profile pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second Laurie's comments-- the book is lovely and I'd also love to be able to take one of the classes. I also agree that the photo of you with your granddaughter and the kitten would make a beautiful profile picture. It looks like you've lost some weight. All that time on the treadmill must be paying off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very busy and creative ~ great photo ~ excellent sketches ~ thanks, namaste, ^_^ ~ Great books!

    ReplyDelete