Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Summertime

I really must give thanks for the lovely weather we've been having - and best of all, no mosquitoes. For a person who has a creek running through their yard, this is practically a miracle. Perhaps it is because it has been so dry - not the creek, the weather. Whatever the reason, it has been heavenly to sit out in the swings with coffee in the afternoons.


Last evening was Miss P's last softball game of the season. It is a little sad - all of the girls have become so much better able to hit and field the ball by this time, it is a shame to see it come to an end. But the promise of a less structured summer is a big draw. It was a bit warm last evening sitting on the sidelines watching, but good fun. Here is a photo of Miss P in the outfield.




I wish I could stop time for a bit right now. This young lady is so much fun and I don't want her to grow up too much too fast. Next week she will be traveling with me to my Mom's to stay for a few days. The reason we are going is for my Aunt Mary's memorial, but she would also like to get to spend time with my family - Mom, Anne, Mary, Kathy, Molly, Mike, Jane, Dan, Maggie, Susie, and maybe some cousins as well. I am hoping this will be a special time for the two of us. I am hoping to take some basic art supplies and get outdoors and draw.


Meanwhile, I am struggling to get my weight back into control. I've inched up to the 160 mark (how is it so easy to put on 5 pounds and so difficult to take it off) and am determined to get back to 155. In order to stay out of the kitchen and living room where snacking seems to be way too possible, I try to stay in my art room in the evening sorting, sketching, planning..... Last evening I made a few quick sketches in my lined 1994 yearbook diary.










This morning I am meeting some former co workers for breakfast at Bob Evans. I am bringing the wife of a former colleague that they all know, but they don't know she is coming with me. It will undoubtedly be a good time. And then Miss P and Miss M are coming around noon and will be spending the night. We spent some time yesterday gessoing several pages in our altered books and will try image transfer and collaging today to get some pages decorated. I ran out of my Uhu glue stick yesterday and so went to Michael's yesterday to get some. They didn't have any, so I decided to try some YES! paste. I've heard a lot about it, but have never tried it. I'll let you know.


I have a very long shopping list to take to the grocery store later today. I was thinking of doing the shopping in Jackson after breakfast, but Carol and her husband did their grocery shopping yesterday and I don't think she is particularly fond of that activity. Maybe I will wait until the girls arrive and they can help me.

I went to my fitness class yesterday and my back doesn't feel any sorer than it did when I got there, so I am really glad that I went. He really worked us and it feels so good to get back into physical activity. I am looking forward to tomorrow's class after which I am taking the girls to a big garage sale at a friend's house in Stockbridge. She made her living as a graphic artist so we are hopeful of finding some arty finds.


What are you doing today? Will it involve time outdoors? I really must do more plein air sketching. I truly hope you are having a wonderful day and that you are finding time for yourself and your creativity.

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. beautiful little girl, such a fun age, I'm glad your back is feeling a bit better, sounds like a busy time ahead, have a great rest of the week, good luck at the garage sale, sounds promising!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just look at her with her matching shirt, sox, and shoes! She is really a cutie pie! Your sketches are quite nice, too! hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to catch up with you finally Vicki great post

    ReplyDelete