Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

WOYWW and Salvation Army Finds

And so another Wednesday is at hand and I still haven't appreciably cleaned up my art space. I do want to participate in WOYWW, so I just got the camera and took a photo without tidying first.




As you can see, the fan that probably won't be needed until late April is still there and the space is still not ready for my next watercolor attempt. Perhaps later today I will get to it.


Yesterday my daughter and I went to the Salvation Army store in Howell to shop. On the way we stopped at Aunt Jan's for coffee. It was a very nice visit, but Jan had an art class in the early afternoon, so we didn't stay long. I didn't get photos of the things my daughter found - a couple of shirts and a handbag - but I did take photos of my finds. I was lucky enough to find a pair of snowpants for each of the smallest grandgirls and you should know that these items might be the most important things for Nana to have on hand in the winter in southern Michigan. The girls love to go outside in the snow and these are a must. Children's items were 20% off.


Snowpants - they should fit Miss Z and Miss M.

I also found a pair of shoes for myself. They still have the tag on them and they fit perfectly.


They were tagged $22, but I got them for $5.99.



This morning I've been playing with still life arrangements and must admit I am not at all sure which, if any, I will attempt to first sketch and then paint. How about throwing in your two cents - which of these do you think is the best candidate, or is there some arrangement of these things that would be more eye catching? Then I am looking at the first photo in this post and seeing the pitcher with the brushes in it - see it on the left back of the table? Maybe that would be a good addition/replacement in one of these.




I have my personal training class this afternoon and am looking forward to it. Other than that I don't have a plan, except the hubster just said it was supposed to get to 70ยบ today, so I am thinking something out of doors. What about you? What do you have planned for the day? Does it involve artistic pursuits? Are you willing to share? Do you have a blog that you'd like to give me a link to so I can see what you are up to? 


xoxo

8 comments:

  1. You and I have the same taste in shoes! But I'm never that lucky at SA.

    My vote for still life is the bottom right. Each item is 'connected' to two others and the pitcher is giving the height the composition needs.
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top left speaks to me probably because it's a grouping of three fruits, the books are angled in a way to draw the viewers eyes inward and the page has overall balance. The yellow pitcher is really cute and would make a wonderful stand alone piece. The tan pitcher would serve better in an arrangement with larger objects as it seems to detract from the other pieces. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the bottom left.. but the bottom right works too. I just like that pitcher. Would you mind if I did one of your still life pics? I have not decided what i'd do today and that looks awesome with your shiny apple and all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know.. after I zoomed in.. I have to throw my vote to the bottom right. I love the shapes on the apple better

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the bottom right, too--composition is better and a variety of surfaces and textures without any one of them being too busy or dominant. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, bottom right, with top left as a second choice.
    Darling snowpants! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vicky, I like the top left. Great bargains. Don't ya just love finding goodies for cheap?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds!! Yes, snowpants are a must. :)
    I like the top right photo. Funny how we like different ones.
    If you click on my name it should take you to my blog.
    http://soulcomfort.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete