Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

30 in 30 Day 23 and Library Sketches

My friend, Nancy, came over and got me this morning. We went into Jackson to the library and sat in the reading room sketching. It was quite a nice place to do this as the people mostly sat still.





She also took me out for an early birthday lunch. My birthday is actually next week, but we are leaving for Pensacola Beach on that day.


When I got home I had to go to therapy and then stopped at the grocery to pick up a few odds and ends. I am making spicy chorizo navy bean soup for dinner this evening and pizza (without real cheese) for tomorrow.


I did a quick close-up study of three pears from a photo that I found on Paint My Photo. I rather like the pears, but as usual my shadows leave a lot to be desired.




I guess I'll just have to try again tomorrow.

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Vicki,
    that's the best painting of your pears yet.
    They look so realistic and I wouldn't bother with
    the shadows. You might mess the whole thing up.
    Anyway, you're illustrating for us, practice makes perfect.
    Jane Young (EDM)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a fine job with these pears, and your shadows are coming along. I especially like the shadow of the pear on the left on the center pear. Well done! Your sketches from the library are good too - that one man with the funny hat and the long hair who kept talking to himself is especially good! hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them pears :) I think you did extremely well with the shadows

    ReplyDelete