Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

My Big Grid Journal

I think I told you that I was taking Lollapalooza III with Martha Lever. I really love her work - her watercolors, her journals, her calligraphy.

While my pretty lettering isn't all that pretty yet, I am having a great deal of fun playing and trying to make it better. Here is my first two page spread in this 9 x 12 graph paper journal.




The pictures aren't so nice - I just printed them out on regular copy paper, but they really set the tone for this spread. Some of the stamps are my own - the wine glass, the flowers, the stars, and the tall skinny house. I am hoping to carve my own alphabet stamps too using the Neuland style that Martha does.


This is just the beginning of my next two page spread. I don't know where this one is going yet, but I am having fun playing with it.





Tomorrow I am expecting my daughters two girls for the day and am planning to do some fashion magazine cutting and pasting in their journals. I haven't done art with the girls in an awfully long time and am sure we will all enjoy it immensely. Perhaps I will have some pix to share.


xoxo

12 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great day magazine cutting and pasting, sounds fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. Your work and Martha's is inspiring.
    Yikes, it's a lot of work to leave a message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you back creating and posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear you're having art fun the address on the SMWYG button is no longer active my address is http://marywalkerartist.blogspot.com I have a blog button swap if you want to participate it's on the bottom right of my home page. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're posting again...sent you off list email, you must not have seen it or it went to junk mail. I was only asking how you were doing and to tell you you were missed on EDM.

    Is your hand/wrist back to 100% function or are you still having trouble with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I didn't get your off list email, Joan. I am doing much better (maybe 85% or so), but still have some nerve pain issues. I am hoping to get back into art a bit at a time and will try to post each week. Thanks so much for checking up on me.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ann, Cathy, Mary, Alex, Sandy, thanks for your comments.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vicki, I'm so glad to see you're back on EDM. I think about you every once in awhile. Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jane, I've missed you too. It is so nice to hear from you.

      xoxo

      Delete
    2. I'm happy to see you back doing art. I've sure missed reading the blog and seeing your artwork.

      Delete