Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Day 3

It is Saturday and there is no apartment hunting today, so I got up and got around for an 8 am breakfast of two eggs, one sausage link, fried mushrooms, beans and toast and jam, with a pot of tea. Then I left to walk around town down unfamiliar streets but still leading to the quay. I started at the southern part and walked to the north end and across the bridge and a bit around and then back across the bridge and home. I saw this wall on the way down Johns Street.



And this picturesque doorway arch.



A couple of boats I tried to sketch.




I'm none too pleased with this, but I must start somewhere.

I hope to see improvements in my drawing with time.

After a clean up and rest, I headed out for my midday repast of tea and sweet. Today's sweet was a lovely blueberry muffin at O'Brien's. It was yummy. Walked some more to work off the muffin and wound up with more than 10,000 steps by dinner time.

Walked back to the B&B where I again had some down time, then headed out to find dinner. I chose to eat at White's Hotel in the Library bar. I had fish and chips with mushy peas. Not the best I've had, but good nonetheless. Almost forgot to add that when I left the hotel to continue walking I found myself outside a salon where a friendly young woman gave me a pedicure. My toenails were a disgrace, but I didn't find time to clean them up before leaving home.


Anne, this one's for you - I know how you love rocks!!

When I got back in for the evening, I started this post only to find that the internet was out. This is the first time I've been able to get back on since then. Stayed up late in hopes of sleeping in so I didn't show up for breakfast before they were ready for me. I am really loving this town so far - so walkable!! And such friendly people.

Tata.....

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture of the rocks, those and flowers, are my favorite things!
    Such a beautiful spot!!

    ReplyDelete